Corsets should feel good as well as looking good. A well fitted, properly laced corset feels like being given a hug. If you are feeling pain or discomfort, the corset is laced too tight.
* If you want maximum waist reduction for a special occasion, loosely lace into the corset a few hours ahead of time. Tighten the laces every half hour until you reach the desired fit.
* Corsets need a break-in period. Once the fabric contours to your natural curves, you can lace tighter.
* When lacing up a corset, don't jerk the ties as you run the danger of snapping the ribbon or breaking an eyelet.
* Make sure you re-attach the suspender straps in the proper direction with the suspender ribbons on the outside.
* Put on your stockings and fasten your shoes before lacing up your corset. Leaning forward can pop open the waistline hook and eye stud.
* Allow extra time for dressing when wearing a corset.